Amatuer Radio License Examinee Information
Once you have successfully passed your test, please hold on to your Certificate of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE) form as proof of your accomplishment until the information is correctly shown in the FCC database.
We will submit your testing results and accompanying documentation to the ARRL VEC department. They will then submit this information to the FCC. This process typically happens within two business days.
Upgrading an Existing License
Once the information gets to the FCC, you should see it reflected publiclly in the FCC database. Congratulations, you are done.
New Amatuer Radio License Examinee
Once the information gets to the FCC, you should receive an email from the FCC indicating that you are to pay the $35 fee. See the following information:
1. EXAMINEES FOR NEW LICENSE MUST PAY WITHIN 10 DAYS.
Examinees do NOT have to wait for the email from the FCC to pay the fee. As soon as an the application file number is issued by the FCC, they can pay by logging into the CORES FRN Registration system (CORES - Login).
Application File Number search using an FRN: FCC Application File Number Search
CORES payment system background information and instructions: Information.
CORES step-by-step payment instructions: FCC Application Fee Instructions
2. The FCC help center stated there is a known issue with individuals paying the $35 application fee via a smartphone or tablet. This is not a new issue and they haven’t been able to help troubleshoot the issue at the support center. Encourage candidates to login and pay the FCC application fee from a computer.
3. Examinees should NOT amend any applications that a VEC submits on their behalf, especially NEW license applications. Amending VEC filed applications will cause the application to be dismissed without action in the FCC system and potentially require the applicant to pay another $35 fee. If there is a minor mistake on the application, either call the ARRL VEC and they can correct and resubmit the application, or the individual can pay the fee, be issued the call sign, and then log back in and make corrections.
4. Individuals should review their application BEFORE paying the fee. If there is a major error on the application, such as the licensee’s name or license class earned is incorrect, or the answer to the felony question is wrong, DO NOT PAY the fee. Call the ARRL VEC immediately.
5. When in doubt, call the VEC! Even if you think you shouldn’t bother with your question, call anyway.
6. See ARRL FCC application fee webpage for information and instructions.
Once you payment has been processed you should receive an email with your licence details. Also your information should be publicly available by your name, FRN, or call sign in the FCC database. Once this happens you are done. Congratulations.
ARRL VEC Contact Information
Toll free number: 1-800-9ARRLVE (1-800-927-7583)
Address: ARRL VEC, 225 Main St, Newington CT 06111